7th Grade Reflection

7th grade. The year of changes…well at least in my opinion. When I first arrived in August, all I expected from 7th grade was A LOT more homework and more difficult classes but it turned out to be different. By October, my life had expanded, if that’s possible. I had started to acquire new friends and acquaintances. The amount of homework I received wasn’t too overwhelming and the classes weren’t that difficult. Eventually, I figured out that opening up and talking to more people can really alter your life. I eventually moved out of my friend group and into a new one. I am still good friends with everyone though. Now my new friends were amazing in all but they were distracting me. In seventh grade, I learned to always do my homework and study for tests even if it means to give up some time with my friends. All my attention was on my buddies and not much was on my studies, which effected my grades quite a bit.

As the year comes to an end I wish I cared more about my grades in the beginning of the year. I regret not putting a lot of effort into subjects like math and science. If I could replay the whole year I would try to overcome my shyness and make more friends. Also practice my cello a lot more! Some tips I’d give to next years seventh graders is if you do a sport for school next year do not I repeat DO NOT forget about your homework! Just because you had a basketball game does not mean you can skip doing your homework or studying for a test.

As I look over the year there were some ups and downs but I ended up with a lovely group of friends, a silly crush :D, and an astonishing amount of memories. All in all seventh grade was a pretty great year.